Administrative Secretary and ticket office OMNIA: tel. (+39) 0184 229507 fax. (+39) 0184 226029 email: firstname.lastname@example.org It was a love of nature that lead an English family to create a botanical garden near Ventimiglia beginning in 1867, in order to acclimatize plants from many different climatic zones of the world which would benefit from the favourable position and in particular the mild climate of what was to become the Hanbury Botanical Gardens. The contribution of botanists, agronomists and landscape designers, the majority of whom were foreigners, led to the creation of a magnificent ensemble both in its botanical aspect (5,800 ornamental, medicinal and fruiting species) and its landscaping aspect, creating a harmony between buildings, garden structures and the terraces under cultivation, which is unequalled in Europe.
- Management: Università degli Studi di Genova
- Location: Corso Montecarlo, 43 - La Mortola - 18039 Ventimiglia (IM)
- Province: Imperia
- Instituted:/strong> Legge regionale 27 marzo 2000 n.31
- Surface area: 18,803 hectares
How to arrive
- By car: motorway A10 exit at Ventimiglia follow the SS 1 Aurelia direction France, follow signs to Ponte S. Luigi-km.6
- Train: station FS di Ventimiglia + taxi or bus to Ponte S. Luigi (LINEA 1 - stop: La Mortola) - Bus Timetable Riviera Trasporti
- The route is indicated by following the arrows. The difference in height is 100 mt.
- Disabled: there is the possibility of avoiding the steps by using an alternative path. An elettric car equipped for the transport of disabled people is available upon reservation. Guide dogs are welcome.
The electric vehicles are temporarily subjected to technical maintenance and therefore not available, we apologize for the inconvenience and will report immediately when they will be usable again.
- Electric wheelchair: the vehicle is suitable for transporting disabled or people with reduced mobility. The motorized wheelchair has four wheels, padded seat, adjustable in height and depth, 306 ° swivel, reclining backrest and tilting lever with headrest, height adjustable armrests, width and folding, manual brake on the control and electromagnetic brake, bar twist for uneven terrain. The vehicle can be used independently by the visitor and covered by the property's insurance
The service is available by reservation.
- For info and reservations: OMNIA: tel. (+39) 0184 229507 fax (+39) 0184 226029 email: email@example.com
- All animal.
- Pets are not allowed in the garden but a hospitality service has been set up for pets. Dog Friendly access to dogs of any size or breed is allowed if properly identified and in compliance with vaccinations (passport, health booklet or model 12). Reservation recommended.
- Dog Friendly Area Regulation